One of my favourite quick meals are noodles dishes, they take a minimum amount of time to create without compromising in flavour. Apart from chopping the onion, garlic, mushrooms and boiling the noodles you don’t really need to prep anything else. This dish is perfect for when you’re tired and don’t feel like spending to much time making food but still want to eat something thats healthy and yummy!
For this dish I used broccolini which is a mix of broccoli and Chinese broccoli, but feel free to use other vegetables like this alien like Romanesco pictured above. But seriously look at the geometry, its a piece of art! I almost feel bad eating it.
You can also choose to use fresh spinach instead of frozen, I just like to keep my freezer stacked with lots of prepped fruits and veggies so i can make some quick meals, like this one. For some extra creaminess i added the tahini. You can always play around with flavours, like adding sesame oil at the end, or using some hot peppers like adjuma or habanero.
I’ll be working on some more quick and affordable dishes, and always feel free to leave suggestions over here or on Instagram.
Creamy Green Vegetable Rice Noodles
- 200 gram rice noodles
- 125 gram mushrooms chopped
- 250 gram frozen spinach
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tsp 5 spice
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 hot pepper (optional) or Sriracha to taste
- salt + pepper to taste
- 100 gram broccolini or vegetable of choice
- cook rice noodles in some boiling water for 4 or 5 minutes, drain them and wash them with some cold water to stop the cooking process, put them aside to drain. while the noodles are cooking you can prepare the other ingredients.
- in a pan or wok sauté the onion, garlic, mushrooms and broccolini on medium heat. after about 3 to 4 minutes add frozen spinach, 5 spice, soy sauce, tahini and optional pepper/hot sauce and cook until most of the moisture from the spinach has dissolved for about 4 minutes. now add the noodles and toss everything around until everything's combined.