Spicy Cheese Spread - w/ Raw Option
A savoury and cheesy spread great for on a flax cracker or as dip.
- 1/2 cup raw cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 tbsp kimchi liquid or sauerkraut
- 1 tsp garlic powder or 1 clove raw garlic
- 3 tbsp jalapeno liquid or lemon juice
- 5 pickled jalapenos (optional)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika (optional)
Soak the cashew nuts somewhere between half an hour in warm water to overnight to make them soft. I soaked mine for half an hour.
Drain the cashews and add them to a blender* (or food processor) Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
The spread is pretty much done now, put it in a container and store in the fridge. You could to ferment it by storing it in a dark and warm place, which is what I did, but it's by no means necessary, and we'll go more in depth in the fermenting process in the near future!
- I used a nutri bullet blender jug, no fancy high speed blenders.