Indigo Bowl #3 - Chocolate Quinoa Bowl
A nice switch up from our regular breakfast bowls, or maybe you'll even have this for dessert. The options are endless!
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup short grain rice risotto or sushi rice would work
- 3 cups non dairy milk
- 1 cup mango cut in small cubes
- to taste coconut sugar or sweetener of choice
- 1 tbsp flax seeds (optional)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
Start by washing the quinoa and rice. I wash it three times.
Then add the quinoa and rice to a cooking pot, add your plant mylk of choice, the mangoes and optionally add your flax and chia seeds.
Bring the pot to a boil and then turn it to medium/low to a simmer. Keep stirring until you get a nice and creamy porridge. You might want to add a bit more water depending on the volume and how creamy you want it to be.
Add your sweetener of choice to taste.
Enjoy with some fruits, nut butters and seeds