Looking for a new breakfast item to add to your menu? Look no further as I’ve got you covered! This weeks Indigo Bowl will focus on breakfast, but of course, feel free to have this for lunch or even dinner, live wild and free my friends!
Ok, keeping it serious, this bowl is a nice change from our regular breakfast meals and it great for anyone avoiding gluten. Besides this it is packed with complete protein from the quinoa and combined with the fruit it can easily be mistaken for dessert.
We’re adding some power to this bowl by adding maca and cacao, for some boosted energy. Besides this I like adding some nuts and seeds, but this of course is optional, I find that it adds some healthy fats and makes this meal more satisfying.
When it comes to the fruits you can choose whichever fruit you like. Today I went with bananas, raspberries and blueberries. Another ingredient that’s open for interpretation is the non dairy yoghurt, you can use any kind you like, I prefer coconut as it works perfectly with the cacao & maca.
Tip: make this the night before, warm it up with a bit of extra water and you’ll have an extra quick breakfast! It’ll stay good for days when you store it in the fridge.
If you end up making this Indigo Bowl, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and use #indigobowl so I can see your creation.
Now let’s get cooking!
Indigo Bowl #3 - Chocolate Quinoa Bowl
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup short grain rice risotto or sushi rice would work
- 3 cups non dairy milk
- 1 cup mango cut in small cubes
- to taste coconut sugar or sweetener of choice
- 1 tbsp flax seeds (optional)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- Start by washing the quinoa and rice. I wash it three times. Then add the quinoa and rice to a cooking pot, add your plant mylk of choice, the mangoes and optionally add your flax and chia seeds.
- Bring the pot to a boil and then turn it to medium/low to a simmer. Keep stirring until you get a nice and creamy porridge. You might want to add a bit more water depending on the volume and how creamy you want it to be. Add your sweetener of choice to taste. Enjoy with some fruits, nut butters and seeds
Leave a Reply