Sometimes i’ll get home and really don’t feel like spending a lot of time making dinner, no i want to relax and do something else (although most of the time i still end up in the kitchen because, honestly i really love food!). This recipe is also perfect for if you are short on time but still want to take a delicious meal to work.
This sauce takes me less then 10 minutes to make and can be stored in the fridge for later use. So instead of choosing the easier option of ordering food or eating some processed junk i prefer to just warm up some of this sauce and have it with some rice pasta!
This sauce is my new favourite pasta sauce, it might even beat pesto, one of my most beloved pasta sauces. There’s something about the coconut and hot peppers that elevates the regular tomato sauce and turns it into something extra comforting. But hey that’s a personal preference and you can of course skip the hot peppers and use black pepper instead.
Oh and click here to find the recipe for the vegan parmesan pictured above, it’s a perfect condiment for this dish and takes less than 10 minutes to make as well!
When i use this sauce i like to cook some pasta, add some veggies, sprinkle it with some vegan parmesan cheese and voila dinner is done. So next time you are running short on time just make this sauce and within 10 minutes you’ve got yourself a meal! If you love easy comfort foods you should try this kidney bean curry and tofu scramble recipe.
quick and easy coconut pasta sauce
- 1 cup tomato sauce passata
- 1 cup coconut milk full fat from a can
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano dried
- 1/4 tsp black pepper ground
- salt to taste
- 1 chili pepper (optional)
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 tsp lemon juice (optional)
- warm up a sauce pan and add a small amount of coconut oil (or skip if you want to keep this low fat) add the garlic and pepper and let them saute them quickly for about 15 seconds. Now add the coconut milk and tomato paste together with the spices. Let the sauce simmer for a few minutes and you are done.
- at this point you can put the sauce in a bottle or use it immediately. If you want to store this sauce in the fridge make sure to add the lemon as it is a natural preservative.
- if you want a thicker sauce just add a little bit of cornstarch