There’s something so special about having a tall stack of pancakes for breakfast or brunch. I always make them for my family and friends. This stack of fluffy raspberry and rose pancakes are thick and filled with raspberries. In this post I’ll show you exactly how you can make these pink pancakes.
The thing I love about making pancakes is that they leave a lot of room for experimentation. You can play with the colour, flavour, texture and size to create your own unique combinations. You can for example make these fluffy apple cinnamon pancakes if you’re in the mood for something a little more warming. Or try these savoury pancakes if you want something gluten free.
A special rose topping for these raspberry and rosse pancakes.
Pictured above is a rose elixir my boyfriend’s mother sent from Bulgaria. It basically tastes like rose syrup and goes perfectly with these pancakes. This syrup has become one of my obsessions. If rose flavour is too intense for you there are other options, for instance agave or maple syrup. In addition to this you can also melt some chocolate and pour that on top for an extra indulgent version.
You can play around with the toppings. For example, only syrup or maybe some different kinds of fruit, like cherries. You could also serve it with candied or roasted nuts and seeds or maybe even some lemon zest. On my Instagram you can find different stacks of pancakes showing you some different possibilities.
I had to add some natural food colouring to these fluffy pancakes.
To create this pink shade I added some pink pitaya powder. You can play around with the colour if you care for it, or leave it the way it is. for example beetroot powder, cacao powder (this also adds some cacao flavour) or maybe turmeric for a yellow colour.
If you loved this recipe for fluffy raspberry and rose pancakes be sure to check the rest of my recipes. And follow my Instagram for more vegan food inspiriation and tag me so I can see your recreations 😀
- 340 ml non dairy milk I used soy milk
- 1 tsp vinegar or lemon
- 2 tbsp flax seeds crushed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp rose water
- 250 gram flour or buckwheat flour for gluten free version
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar or cane sugar
- 70 gram frozen or fresh raspberries in pieces
- 1 tbsp pink pitaya powder optional
- 1 tbsp rose syrup or agave
- 30 grams raspberrys
- 1 banana
- Add the non dairy milk, vinegar, flax seeds, vanilla exract and rose water to a bowl and mix. Let this sit for about 5 minutes. Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, coconut sugar and optionally the pitaya powder in a large bowl. Gently fold the wet mixture in the dry and add the raspberries. Don't overmix.
- Warm up a cooking pan over medium/low heat. Once the pan is hot you add dollops of the batter. When the top starts to bubble or the sides become dry you can flip the pancakes.
- Now top the pancakes with whatever your heart desires, think of fruits, chocolate sauce, nuts, go wild! Enjoy!