Matcha and orange blossom are a banging flavour combination, but don’t take my word on it, try these for yourselves. Yet everyone who had these matcha orange blossom waffles asked for more.
The perfect fluffy matcha orange blossom waffle
This is a sponsored post
I’ve teamed up with Violife to make the perfect fluffy and rich waffle. For me it is a perfect match since I always have one (or two) of their VIOBLOCK in my fridge. Vioblock is a vegan butter that spreads just like butter and can be used as a perfect alternative. I use it a lot in my cooking and baking.
These waffles are the shining example that you don’t have to give up on anything when you’re following a vegan lifestyle. All my non vegan friends are obsessed and keep asking me for more.
Since every waffle iron is different I’ll tell you what to look out for when making this recipe. First of all let’s start with the basics. Don’t overmix your batter, and grease your waffle iron. My waffle iron is electric and has 3 heat settings, low, medium & high. I always go for medium because it is the easiest to work with and let the waffles cook for about 10 minutes.
Look at the steam that leaves the waffle iron, when it starts to steam less you can carefully lift the iron and check to see if they’re ready. Leave the waffles alone when you notice they will break if you’d lift the top of the waffle iron. Find that sweet spot.
Matcha and toppings
For these I recommend using ceremonial grade matcha, it’s the deepest of greens and the best quality matcha. The taste is very clean and not too bitter and it works magically with the orange blossom & vanilla I used in these pancakes.
As always feel free to swap the toppings for your favourites. Think strawberry, blueberries, kiwi or other fruits and nuts you like on top of your Matcha Orange Blossom Waffles. Try these and let me know how you liked them!
Soso Lobi, Jason
Matcha Orange Blossom Waffles
- waffle iron
- 250 grams flour
- 2 tbsp matcha powder
- 85 grams white sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp seasalt
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 4 tbsp water
- 220 ml plantbased milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp orange blossom water
- 100 grams vegan butter like vioblock
- 1 slice vegan butter
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1 drizzle maple syrup
- Mix the flax seeds and water in a bowl and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Add the dry ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
- Add the flaxseed mixture and remaining wet ingredients to the dry and fold them to combine. Mix gently and not too much to ensure light & fluffy pancakes.
- Warm a waffle iron and grease it with some oil, place about half a cup of batter on the middle of the plate. Close and let it cook for about 10 minutes on medium heat or as described on your device.
- Serve warm with a slice of vioblock, maple syrup, bananas and berries.