Do you like brownies, but hate backing? Don’t worry, I got you! These 3 ingredient brownies take about 10 minutes, no baking required, all you need to do is simply throw some stuff in a food processor, pulse, and eat as much as your heart desires.
Did you know I actually like baking!? It’s quite intimidating some times, but as someone who loves to experiment its always a fun time playing around the kitchen. Having said that, currently I’m trying to include more raw foods into my diet, so this will mean less baking and more raw desserts and salad dressings, which basically means a lot of pulsing and blending!
One thing to keep in mind is that I used deglet noor dates which were very soft, I pitted them and squeezed them in the cup to get the measurement, so if you’re using like a medjool thats a little harder you might want to soak them a bit and maybe add a little more if you cant squeeze them in a cup.
Also the caramel sauce is totally optional, the opinions where divided, but only because the brownie itself was more than enough, they are very scrumptious, I myself and some other really loved the sauce. I also dressed them up with some raspberries and coconut flakes. If you’d like you could even top it with some raw vegan raspberry jelly, which you can find a recipe for over here.
If you like this recipe or have any questions or suggestions feel free to leave a comment below and tag me in your recreations on Instagram.
Now let’s get cooking!
Raw Vegan Brownies with a Raw Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup dates tightly packed
- 1 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup dates tightly packed
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (optional)
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 pinch rock salt
- Soak the walnuts for about an hour and then drain them and pat them dry with a (paper)towel. Add the dates (pitted), walnuts and raw cacao powder to a food processor and pulse until everything gets together and forms a ball. Press it into a baking dish lined with parchment and press it down. Put it in the fridge for about and hour to cool and set.
- Add the dates to a blender (I used a bullet) and add the warm water, rock salt and coconut oil (optional), Now blend until you get a smooth sauce. If you need you can add water to thin it out a bit. Enjoy.