One of my favourite breakfast items has to be chia pudding, its incredible easy to make and keeps me full during the morning, I love it! Another reason that makes chia pudding so amazing is that there are so many variations on making these, you can totally customise them to your own taste. This time I felt like having some cacao and mango with my chia pudding, if you want to try a pumpkin spiced chia pudding click here.
Theres not much to say about this recipe, its extremely easy, very healthy, and makes a perfect breakfast meal. I always have some fruits and other add ons with my chia pudding. Some delicious options are:
- coconut yoghurt or any other non dairy yoghurt.
- fruits like berries, dried fruits, mango etc.
- nuts and seeds I especially like adding pumpkin and hemp seeds.
- edible flowers
When it comes to chia pudding you can let your imagination run wild, you can create something wild and outrageous or keep it simple, there are no rules.
If you make this dish feel free to tag me in your recreation on my social media accounts or leave a comment below!
Cacao Chia Pudding
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 tbsp agave or sweetener of choise
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 cup non dairy milk
- 1 mango
- To make the pudding add the chia seeds, cacao powder, non dairy milk and sweetener of choice to a jar and stir well. The trick to really nice chia pudding it to stir every 5 or so minutes until it becomes thick and creamy. You'll get the best results if you leave the pudding in the fridge overnight.
- To make the mango sauce layer all I did was blend a mango, yup it was that easy. If you want it a bit sweeter you can add a sweetener of choice To create the parfaits layer the pudding an chia pudding in a glass or jar and top it with whatever you're feeling like. Add fruits, granola, coconut yoghurt, nuts and seeds to name a few options. Enjoy!
Made these for dessert today, will let you know later. While preparing I cheated and tasted Ingredients, awesome! Am topping with cropped mixed nuts and honey.
Thank you! They make a perfect dessert. And nothing wrong with some tasting here and there ;)!