Looking for a quick and easy lunch recipe that you can easily prep the night before? Then you should definitely try this quick and easy smoky pasta salad, that’s also gluten free. In 15 minutes you will have the perfect pasta salad.
Red lentil penne makes this easy smoky pasta salad gluten free
For lunch I like to eat something light but packed with flavour. This will keep me going until dinner and is exactly what this pasta salad does. Using gluten free pasta makes this dish completely gluten free. This way even if you have an intolerance or allergy you can still enjoy this lunch.
My gluten free pasta of choice in this recipe is red lentil penne, but you can use other gluten free pastas. For example, try using brown rice pasta or chickpea pasta.
This is one of those recipes where I invite you to play around with different kinds of ingredients. I for example used Violife greek style vegan cheese as an alternative for feta, but if you can’t find this style of cheese try adding a fermented cashew cheese or leave it out all together if you can’t excess vegan cheese.
In the original recipe I am using arugula but you can also use other greens like pictured above where I’m using watercress. I used watercress this time because I was cleaning out my fridge and had to use it up, you can do the same with the greens you need to use up.
If you like quick and simple lunch recipe you should try this classic tofu scramble. Perfect for breakfast and lunch. And if you’re looking for a simple dinner recipe you have to check this silky smooth sweet potato mash.
Check out my Instagram for more food inspiration like this quick and easy smoky pasta salad and regular new food photography and styling tips. In my highlights you can videos where I show you how to prepare some of these recipes.
One love, Jason
Quick and Easy Smokey Pasta Salad
- 1 can chickpeas 400 gram
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 3 tbsp tomato pureé
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 250 grams pasta I used lentil penne
- 1/2 red onion cut in half circles
- 1 bell pepper cut in stripes
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 chili pepper chopped
- 2 tbsp jalapenos chopped
- 1/2 cucumber cut in half circles
- 15 grams basil chopped
- 1/2 lemon the juice
- 3 tbsp sun dried tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 100 grams vegan feta cut in cubes
- 75 grams arugula or other green of choice
- Add the bell pepper, onion and garlic to a large mixing bowl. Heat a pan over medium heat. Add a tbsp of olive oil, cumin seeds, tomato puree, smoked paprika and chickpeas to the pan and cook them for 6 minutes. Transfer the warm chickpeas to the bowl.
- In the meantime you can bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the pasta, wash it with some cold water to stop the cooking process and drizzle it with a tbsp of olive oil.
- Add the pasta and remaining ingredients to the mixing bowl, mix well and the salad is ready to be served. Enjoy