There’s nothing more comforting than having a fluffy stack of pancakes on an early Sunday morning. Or any other morning if you’d ask me. This stack of fluffy cinnamon apple pancakes are easy to make and are a one of the best vegan comfort foods for in the morning. You’ll have to try them!
When it comes to making fluffy and thick pancakes there are a few rules we need to follow. First we need something to make them rise, which in this case is the baking powder. And next we need to make sure we don’t over mix the batter. Over mixing the batter will activate the gluten in the flour, thus creating a chewy pancake. But hey, if you like a chewy cake, feel free to whisk away. All jokes aside, if you follow the steps below you will have the perfect stack of cinnamon apple pancakes.
Play around with toppings
Now when it comes to serving these pancakes you can use your own imagination. Use whatever you have in your fridge or cupboards, maybe this is a banana as pictured above, or maybe you’d like to pair it with a pear, lol. You can also choose to skip the pecan nuts or add peanut butter, the options are endless.
One topping that I do recommend and got included in the recipe are the warm cinnamon apples. They’re easy, indulgent and one of the most comforting flavour combinations. Another recipe making use of this warming spice mixed with apple is this cinnamon apple galette, it’s super easy and delicious.
Be sure to check my Instagram account for more vegan food inspiration and a large collection of food photography. Here I also have some cooking videos saved in my highlights. Enjoy these fluffy cinnamon apple pancakes. And check this link for savoury gluten free pancakes.
One love, Jason
Fluffy cinnamon apple pancakes
- 250 gram flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon ground
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cloves ground
- 1/2 tsp cardamom ground
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 340 ml plant based milk
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp flax seeds crushed
- 200 grams apples cut in 1 cm cubes
Ingredients Warm Cinnamon Apples
- 250 grams apples
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, turmeric, cloves and coconut sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the plant based milk, vinegar, flaxseed and vanilla extract to another bowl and stir will. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Now mix the wet ingredients into the dry. Gently fold so you don't overmix the batter. When you don't see any dry ingredients you gently fold in the apple.
- Warm a pan over medium heat, add a few drops of oil to coat and add the batter to the pan. Once the top starts to form bubbles and the top starts to dry you carefully flip them, this takes about 3 minutes. After 2 minutes on the other side you can take them out of the pan. Optionally top the pancakes with warm cinnamon apples, nuts, fruits and seeds
- Warm a pan over medium heat and add the apples, cinnamon and sugar. Cook these while stirring for 6 minutes. Serve these on top of the pancakes.
Leave a Reply